The Kagan Fellowship in Advanced Shoah Studies welcomes applications from PhD and Post-Doc candidates from around the world for funding for the September 2024-August 2025 academic year. The application portal will open on Friday, JUNE 30, 2023. All application material must be submitted into the Fluxx portal system (see below) no later than: Friday, DECEMBER 22, 2023.
Before applying, please scroll down to the bottom of this page, and click on the links to read about eligibility requirements.
In order to apply, you must follow these steps: (In order to reach the deadline, please factor in an extra week’s time in your application process in order to ensure that all steps below, including portal approval steps, are complete.)
- First you must create an account in the Fluxx portal: Click on the link to the Fluxx portal below, and wait for a Fluxx email that sends you ‘credentials.’ Once you receive the credentials, go back into Fluxx and create an account and enter your information, and click save and SUBMIT. If you have technical problems, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Now you need to determine whether you are eligible to apply: Go into the portal and click on ‘apply for a grant,’ click on the Kagan Fellowship, and answer and save the eligibility questions. Remember to click ‘SUBMIT’ when you are done. (NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT CLICK ON SUBMIT, YOUR REQUEST CANNOT BE CONSIDERED.) This is not an actual application, only an eligibility questionnaire. Wait for an email from Fluxx that indicates you can proceed with your full application.
- Now you can apply: Follow the instructions in the portal to complete all application information and documents. Remember to click on ‘SAVE’ whenever you add information or upload documents, so that your information is not lost.
- The Fluxx portal will require you to enter your recommenders’ email addresses, so that requests for recommendation letters and questionnaires are sent to them. Your ‘recommenders’ will then receive the emailed requests automatically and will have to upload them through a portal link they will receive. Please do not collect recommendation letters, because you will not be able to submit them through the portal. Only your ‘recommenders’ will be able to submit them. Please plan ahead so that your ‘recommenders’ have ample time to send recommendation letters/questionnaires in the portal.
- WHEN ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS ARE IN THE PORTAL, REMEMBER TO CLICK ON ‘SUBMIT.’ IF YOU DO NOT CLICK SUBMIT, YOUR APPLICATION CANNOT BE REVIEWED.
- You will not be able to email any documents to the program administrator. Everything must go through the Fluxx portal. Applications arriving after the deadline will not be considered.
- For extra instructions, click on: Logging into Fluxx , and for technical help, email on: email@example.com
Before applying, please review the “Eligibility Requirements” and “Application Instructions” links below for more information.
For any (non-technical Fluxx) questions, please email Joanna.Sliwa@claimscon.org.