All application documents must be received no later than January 3, 2017. Email Ms. Chavie Brumer at: Chavie.Brumer@claimscon.org to indicate your plan to submit an application, and include the list of information on the ‘How to Apply’ tab on this website. Late applications will not be considered.
The following materials must be completed in English* and arrive by the deadline:
- Application form (download link above). Must be emailed, saved as: Your Last Name_Application.
- Summary form (download link above). Must be emailed, saved as: Last Name_Post Doc Summary.
- Academic resume/CV (no more than 3 pages). Must be emailed, saved as: Last Name_CV.
- A full outline of your Ph.D. dissertation and 1-2 chapters of your work in English, including the dissertation’s title and a list of works cited. Must be emailed as one attachment, saved as: Last Name_PhD Chapter. **Hebrew authors, please see below.
- A detailed project proposal of your post-doctoral research, including what the outcome would be, and potential sources and methodology used. It should not exceed 10 double-spaced pages. Must be emailed, saved as: Last Name_Post Doc Proposal.
- Masters and Phd academic transcripts, including confirmation of PhD completion. Official transcripts or student copies of official transcripts (university seal must be visible) are acceptable. Can be mailed or scanned and emailed as one attachment, saved as: Last Name_Transcripts. Please ensure mailed copies arrive no later than the deadline.
- Three letters of recommendation with completed recommendation questionnaires (see above to download questionnaire). One letter must be from an academic advisor who has worked closely with the applicant, and one from a supervisor who is well-acquainted with the applicant and their experience in a professional or volunteer setting. The third letter should be from a university or research institution confirming the support of their work and an agreement to host the candidate. Please inform your professors/references that all letters must be on university or other professional letterhead, dated, and have original signatures. Letters that are not on letterhead and/or that are unsigned will be rejected. Each letter must be accompanied by a recommendation questionnaire. May be mailed or scanned and emailed as pdf attachments.
- Optional: A web link or electronic, downloaded video file not more than 6 MB exhibiting the candidate delivering a concise description of his/her research topic. Only the first 90 seconds of the video will be reviewed. Large, time-sensitive files will not be acceped.
Please do not send all of the above documents in one PDF attachment.
*All application materials must be in English with the following exceptions:
1) If you are having difficulty getting transcripts in English, please notify Chavie.Brumer@claimscon.org.
**2) If your dissertation is in Hebrew, you may submit your chapters in Hebrew. However, you must also include a summary of that chapter (maximum of 2,000 words) in English.
Please note: For those candidates just finishing their PhD, you must have completed ALL your PhD requirements, including that of defending your thesis, BEFORE the application deadline. Those who cannot provide a letter or certificate of PhD completion by the application deadline are not eligible to apply.
Portions of the application that are submitted by mail should be addressed to:
Claims Conference- Office of Kagan Fellowships
Attn: Ms. Chavie Brumer
1359 Broadway, Suite 2000
New York, NY 10018 USA
All other portions should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or concerns while completing your application, please contact Ms. Chavie Brumer at email@example.com or at 646-485-2035.
Awards are usually announced in early April.